So when my brother accidently washed a pen with his BTU uniform and had to buy new ones… the old ones got added to my stash. 

Mom asked if I could make her a bag.  Below is what I came up with. 

It was made from one leg of the pants and a piece of green fabric from my stash for the lining.

 GEDC1734

Here is the back of the bag. 

 GEDC1735

On the inside I incorporated the back hip pocket into the lining for an extra pocket.

GEDC1739

We added a burlap and lace handle (above) and a decorative hair bow as a little bit of fun.

  20160301_093814

Last, but not least, an old name patch from one of the boys’ uniforms on the front pocket and mom has a new bag/purse.

I decided to make another one with the other pant leg for myself. 

GEDC1736

Same size as mom’s but with a pink fabric as the lining.  In the close-up below you can just see a bit of the pink liner.

GEDC1736

GEDC1740

With scraps from the pants I made a strap and added lace for decoration.  I hoped to do a couple of other bits of decoration but ran out of time before leaving for South Carolina.  Maybe when I get home.

 

Hope you enjoyed.

The Shepherdess